Thursday 15 November 2012

Sunny days.

























Its a bit dull and drizzly here today the sky is low and I cannot see the hills so I am posting some photos of my birthday last summer, to brighten up my day.


I wanted to have a good old fashioned picnic with the kids for my birthday so we ventured out the Botanical Gardens in Glasgow.It has, I think an  lovely Edwardian feel to it with its big big  sprawling trees,wooden benches and the very old wooden framed green houses.In early June many of the mature flowering shurbs are out in full bloom covered in big fluffy bumble bees bummbling about doing their thing.The ice cream shop is open and lots of folks are wandering around licking swirly soft cones.We had a lovely day sitting on our red tartan blanket with the smell of freshly cut grass in the air,the kids just ran around like kids should eating cake,laughing and trying to avoid my camera,monkeys! The wind later grew a tad nippy so we went for a look around the greenhouse,which houses allsorts of odd and rare plants.Nairne was quite shocked by some of the marble statues on display inside the greenhouses as the were showing there bottoms!Tsk Tsk!Shocked overt you eyes now young missy! I was well warned not to take a photo of those statues,Oh as if I would ,hehe.Love my funny wee people.Yip it was a splendid day to become 41.Now back to November and the drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment